Border crossings

  • Airports: Aerodrom Podgorica (TGD) i Aerodrom Tivat (TIV) –
  • Roads: with Serbia (Ranče, Čemerno, Dobrakovo, Kula, Draženovac, Vuče), with Albania (Božaj, Sukobin, Grnčar), with B&H (Sitnica, Ilino brdo, Vraćenovići, Krstac, Nudo, Šćepan Polje, Metaljka, Šula), with Croatia (Debeli brijeg, Kobila).
  • Railways: with Serbia and Albania (Tuzi).
  • Seaports: the ports of Bar, Budva, Kotor, Zelenika, Risan.


  • You are allowed to stay in Montenegro up to 90 based on a short stay visa or without visa. Citizens of the EU, USA, Russia, Japan and Israel and neighbouring countries do not need visas.

Registration of your stay in Montenegro

  • All foreign citizens without registered permanent residence, temporary residence and work permits in Montenegro, are obliged to register their tourist stays in TO Podgorica, up to 90 days. If you are staying in a hotel or private accommodation owners of these facilities will do it for you.
  • More information on:

Unofficial border crossings

  • If you are planning to take a hiking tour which includes crossing of the state border outside the official state border crossing points (e Prokletije, Hajla, Ljubišnja, Kamena Gora, Maglic, Orjen Mountains…), a relevant legal procedure must be observed. The application form for crossing a state border outside the official state border crossing points (attached) should be lodged with the competent institution, namely state border police of the country from which you are exiting. Border police of the exiting state shall undertake all the necessary measures so to provide for your safe crossing

    When making plans to exit Montenegro outside the official state border crossings points, the Application form should be lodged with the local border police office which is in charge for the relevant area (contacts are attached) and they will provide you with their reply in a timely fashion. In cooperation with the border police of the neighboring country, a competent organizational unit of the border police shall provide all the conditions for your uninterrupted and safe crossing and inform you about that.

    The Application form may be lodged for groups and for individual crossings the state border.

    If you are not sure to which border zone belongs the area for which you are submitting your Application form, we kindly ask you to send your Application form to the following email address: or

    Along with the filled Application form, a scanned travel documents should be sent by email or by fax.

#thegov_button_661dada38e493 { color: rgba(255,255,255,1); }#thegov_button_661dada38e493:hover { color: rgba(255,255,255,1); }#thegov_button_661dada38e493 { border-color: rgba(0,112,189,1); background-color: rgba(0,112,189,1); }#thegov_button_661dada38e493:hover { border-color: rgba(0,138,232,1); background-color: rgba(0,138,232,1); }#thegov_search_661dada3911ca:hover { color: rgba(0,112,189,1) !important; }